Thursday, September 27, 2012

Football Season!

One of my best friends, Dana, has a daughter, Michelle, and both Michelle and her husband went to Texas A&M (gag - I'm a UT Longhorn).  Well they bought season tickets for all the home games (waste of money ha ha) and Michelle absolutely must deck her Little Miss out in total A&M garb.  Of course, I'm more than happy to oblige any opportunity to sew...even if my machine nearly died with that maroon fabric in it.  I've purchased some additional fabric that's in the wash right now to pre-shrink that will be an adorable dress.  Can't wait to knock that out this weekend!

Here she is modeling the Simple Skirt from DanaMadeIt.com  This was SO easy and it turned out perfect.

My first attempt at the bloomers had them too small so I had to make another set.  This time I borrowed a pair of Little Miss's bloomers that did fit for a pattern.  You know it's such a scandal to have your diaper show out from under your skirt!
A friend mentioned that I might make the sides of the bloomer deeper from above the ruffle to the waist to cover the entire diaper because the diapers are so tall.  Never thought of that and I'll have to play around with the pattern to see if I can make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment